I am beyond excited to share that I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! As many of you are aware, I’ve really been trying to amp up my blogging presence over the past month or so (even though this blog has officially existed since 2015). This has translated into too many late nights, and a renewed addiction to social media and coffee (coupled with a smidgen of obsession over my visitor stats, too, but I digress…).
First off, I want to thank Crystal of Crysscrafts.com for nominating me. For all the blood, sweat and tears I’m putting into this blog, it’s things like this that make me feel like I am (MAYBE) starting to gain some ‘traction’ among other bloggers. Needless to say, this was a huge honour for me.
Click here to check out her story and her acceptance of the award – and her blog, too!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is an opportunity for bloggers to connect and recognize one another for their contributions. As part of the nomination, each nominee has to nominate an additional 15 bloggers for the award as well.
Why I started blogging
The truth is, writing is and always will be my passion. Today, for example, I sat in a stuffy office and redacted names from documents with a black permanent marker that may or may not have killed a few brain cells. It is soul-sucking. So, for me, blogging and writing and sharing my thoughts with others has CONSTANTLY been the one thing that sets my soul on fire.
Ever since I was a little kid, I would hide away in my room and write. I wrote poems. I wrote stories. I wrote in a journal. Anything and everything: I wrote it. Today, I blog because I love to write. I’m passionate about connecting others and sharing stories. I can only hope that someday I can afford to dedicate more time to blogging and connecting with others.
Advice I have for new bloggers
- Network, network, network. No one quite understands the importance of “good SEO” or “Tailwind” like a blogger, for example. We’re all on this crazy ride together. Seek out advice and remember that every blogger has a unique story to share. Treat other bloggers the way you’d hope to be treated, too. 🙂
- Be realistic with your time. Reserve a portion of your day specifically for blogging (for me, it’s 8-10 p.m.). Blog purposefully and without interruption. Don’t expect miracles overnight, but instead focus on the overall goal and slow and steady growth. Don’t get discouraged!
- Use your authentic voice. I can always pick up on a ‘feigned’ tone, and it instantly distracts me from the overall message at hand. If you’re not passionate about it, don’t post about it.
And with that, I’d like to in turn nominate the following amazing bloggers for the Blogger Recognition Award. Please check them out – you won’t regret it (I promise).
Adriana @ Jack’s Mom in Austin
Marie @ My So Called Crunchy Life
Evelyn @ My Life Between Coffee and Wine
Edwin @ Regular Daddy
Madina @ City of Hearts
Rachelle @ Each Passing Phase
Ramona @ Not Your Ordinary Girl
Hannah @ Lovely Little Lives
Claudia @ Conscious Earth Mama
Heather @ Heather Margiotta
Paighton @ The Lazy Baker
Michele @ Confessions of Parenting
Alise @ Mellie and Lou
Allie @ Mommy Messenger
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them giving the link to the post you have created.